- For the sponge cake:
- 4 egg (for the sponge cake)
- 9 oz of sugar (for the sponge cake)
- 1 oz of cocoa powder (for sponge cake)
- 1 tsp os vanilla extract (for the sponge cake)
- 9 oz of flour (for the sponge cake)
- 1.5 oz of melted butter (for the sponge cake)
- For the chocolate sauce:
- 9 oz of bitter chocolate
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 tsp of milk
- 1 tsp os vanilla extract
- 2.5 oz of brown sugar
- 8.5 oz of whipped cream
- Fresh mint
- 1.5 oz of icing sugar
- A handful of cherries
The Chocolate Christmas Trunk is a traditional dessert for Christmas festivities. It is a delicious sponge with a creamy filling, covered with delicious chocolate. The trunk with chocolate is a very tasty dessert that will make you look great at Christmas parties. In addition to this, it is ideal for all types of meetings, since if there are few diners can be larger portions and may even over to enjoy the next day but if the there are many guests you can cut smaller portions so that everyone can enjoy it. For all of this, the Christmas Trunk is our best Christmas dessert.
See how to make these Chocolate Christmas Trunk:
1. Preheat oven to 360°F / 180°C.
2. Beat the eggs with the sugar until it doubles its volume, about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla and the powder little by little. Add the melted butter in the shape of a string and beat.
3. Spread in a tray with waxed paper or silicone mat and bake 12 minutes. Turn it still hot on paper waxed with sugar and put a damp cloth on it, cools completely.
4. To cover, in a small pot heat the butter with the chocolate and mix until they melt.
5. Add sugar, vanilla and milk, mix until blended. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Whisk the whipping cream until it forms firm peaks and refrigerate 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle sugar on waxed paper and turn over the cake, remove the waxed paper and spread a light coating of the chocolate sauce; Spread the whipped cream over it; Roll the sponge cake with the help of the waxed paper and make it as tight as possible.
8. Spread the rest of the chocolate sauce over roll and with the help of a fork forms the marks of a log and let cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9. Garnish with cherries, mint and a little sifted glass sugar.