- 2 oz of sugar
- 2 oz of butter
- 1-2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 or 2 wheat tortillas or quesadillas
Halloween has always seemed great to celebrate at home without having to fall into an absurd consumerism. And what better way to do it through the kitchen? Especially if we have children at home, a recipe as easy as these cinnamon bats can be an excuse as any other to have a fun time.
As I found thsi recipe on Simply Recipes I soon prove those bats, and I love it because it is simple and allows us to take advantage of possible leftover quesadillas. Just watch carefully baking because when you start to caramelize the sugar, they can burn in a sigh. I rushed to get a good dark bats.
See how to cook these Cinnamon Bats for Halloween:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C and prepare a tray with greaseproof covering with paper. Melt the butter and let cool slightly in a bowl. Mix the sugar with cinnamon and pour onto a plate.
2. Having wheat tortillas on a cutting board and bats using a cookie cutter, pressing well. If we cut costs dough, make a shape with the cutter and cut with a knife with a sharp point.
3. Paint bats in the melted butter and sugar in the batter, pressing. Repeat with all and drop into the tray. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, watching well they to not burn.
4. If your children are very sweet tooth you can try bathing bats in melted chocolate.
Tasting Cinnamon Bats in Halloween
When cold, cinnamon bats for Halloween become crunchy, sweet snack perfect for lunch or to pamper yourself between meals. They smell great and could almost be turned into edible decorations if you assemble a Halloween party at home.