- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry
- Homemade pastry cream
- Homemade apple sauce
- Powdered sugar
- Berries for garnish
- For the compote:
- 2 pippin apples
- 1 tsp of sugar
- A splash of water
- For the pastry creamy cheese:
- 125 ml of milk
- 125 ml of cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 oz of cornstarch
- 3.5 oz of sugar
- A package of creamy cheese
I always liked the strudel, especially with cream, and also those with a huge layer of frosting, icing sugar and cutlery. Eating them was an adventure. But I wanted to make a homemade version giving it another go this classic cake, so here you have this creamy cheese and apple strudel for Christmas.
See how to make creamy cheese and apple strudel for Christmas:
1. To prepare the 3 pastry sheets needed for each strudel, preheat the oven to 355°F and stretch a pastry sheet once thawed, give it a puncture with a fork to prevent it from far and cut into sheets, which cut again after forming 12 rectangles.
2. In the baking sheet, put baking paper and place the pieces of puff pastry, covering them with another baking paper and another tray. Bake covered 10 minutes, and 10 removing the tray and turning the pieces so they bake evenly.
3. Meanwhile, prepare a pastry cream, heating the milk with the cream and sugar. Dissolve the cornstarch in a little milk, and add the beaten eggs. When the milk boils, add the cornstarch with the beaten egg and stir with the rod until thickened. When this is done add the package of creamy cheese and let it integrate well and reserve.
4. While the cream is cooled, make an apple sauce baking the sliced apples. After 15 minutes, add the sugar and cook two minutes. Reserve until the sauce is cold and thick.
5. When the pastry sheets are cool, assemble the cakes with some homemade apple compote at the bottom, and custard cheese on top, placing between the two layers a sheet of puff pastry and covering with a final layer of puff pastry to complete the strudel. The only thing left is to sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and garnish with a sprig of mint and some red berries.
Alright, we finish to make creamy cheese and apple strudel for Christmas, now its time to eat and delight. Click here if you want see more christmas dessert recipes.