- 4.5 oz of chocolate to melt (minimum 60% cocoa)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 oz of pure cocoa powder
- 125 ml almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence and honey
I am revolutionized with Valentine’s day and I want to celebrate with something with chocolate but healthy at the same time. That’s why I came up with this creamy chocolate and avocado mousse. A dessert to surprise your love and you are ready in 15 minutes, and that you can combine with so many other Valentine’s recipes. Although it is possible to eat as it is ready, the texture and flavor change with the rest so it is better to wait to enjoy it at its optimum.
From a few years to this part, avocado has become one of the most popular fruits of homes for its properties and what seemed to be a fad has already settled between us. So much so that we are dare to combine it with other ingredients that a few years ago would have sounded impossible, as is the case of today’s recipe: creamy chocolate and avocado mousse.
See how to make this creamy chocolate and avocado mousse in 15 minutes:
1. Begin by chopping the chocolate to melt and placing it in a bowl suitable for microwaves. Heat it until it melts, being careful not to burn it. Give a short heatstrokes, 30 seconds each, and remove between them. Let it cool a bit.
2. Cut the avocados in half, remove the bones and extract the meat. Put it in the glass of a food processor and add the cocoa powder, the almond milk and the vanilla essence. Grind until obtaining a homogeneous mixture in which no traces of avocado are noticed.
3. Next, add the molten chocolate and grind again. Taste the mousse point and sweeten it with honey until you like it. Add a small amount, crush, try and, if you consider necessary, add more. So until you get the sweet spot that you like. Let stand in cold between six and eight hours so that it loses the flavor of avocado and takes body before decorating and serving.
Tasting the creamy chocolate and avocado mousse
This creamy chocolate and avocado mousse is perfect for a light meal dessert, combined with some other recipe like this Mini donuts of cardamom. It is consistent and full enough, so you will have to make room for it if you don’t want to die trying. The creaminess of the mixture is incredible in the mouth, thanks to the texture of the avocado. You can decorate it with whipped cream and cocoa powder to give it a touch of elegance.