- 2 chicken breasts
- coconut milk
- Curry powders
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 3 prunes
- Fresh coriander
- Mixed lettuce for garnish
Today I bring you an ideal recipe to surprise your guests. It is a curry chicken braid that can serve both cold and hot and has the advantage that it can be made in advance, giving you – if you like – a heat in the oven at the time of serving.
You know how much I like the curry chicken. I think I’ve already prepared it in a thousand and one ways. In addition to the classic recipes, I have also done it as Lemon Roasted Chicken, Roasted chicken with tomato and cheese crepes, Chicken drumsticks in shichimi togarashi sauce, Grilled chicken breast with tomato and avocado sauce, Stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, Fried stuffed chicken breast with cheese and Extra crispy fried chicken with Thai spices.
See how to make this curry chicken braid:
1. Start by preparing a curry chicken recipe that we like. I like to use my own spices and I always have my homemade blend of curry powder. In a frying pan, sauté the onion while lightly boiling the chicken breasts in a saucepan.
2. After cooking the breasts and fraying their meat, prepare a soft curry adding to the chicken the spices, the prunes in small pieces, the onion well cooked to simmer and the coconut milk. Once it starts to cook and thicken, we extinguish the fire and let the mixture cool down.
3. Spread a sheet of puff pastry and divided it mentally into three parts. With a fork, bite the central zone and in the two lateral parts, make cuts in diagonal as the images show. You will see that it is simple and that is done in a short time.
4. Distribute the curried chicken in the central zone, trying to keep it with a height of one and a half centimeters or two. Then we are alternately folding the strips on the sides so that our braid is closed. Varnish with beaten egg and bake at 375°F / 190°C until the puff pastry has a golden color. It will take 30 minutes, -20 of them with heat up and down and another 10 just underneath – to be at its point.
Tasting the curry chicken braid
This chicken curry braid is a delicious way to start eating as both an entree or a snack is always a success. For the first few times you prepare it, I recommend that you do not give it much spicy touch, until you know the tastes of your guests since sometimes the tolerance to the spice is not high.