- 100 ml of milk
- 2.7 oz of grated coconut
- 50 ml of corn oil
- 14 oz of cake flour
- 3.5 oz of sugar plus more for dusting
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 large egg or 2 small
- 0.9 oz of yeast
- 1 lemon zest
We are nearing Easter and I was forgetting to bring such a simple recipe but typical as Easter braid. This delicacy is one of the most common prescriptions worldwide when it comes to Easter, which is one of the best options to consider when cooking for Easter.
See how to make Easter braid:
1. Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Make a hole and add the sugar and yeast diluted in a little warm milk and then the egg.
2. Heat the remaining milk with grated coconut and let cool. Add the oil and lemon zest and quickly assemble all the ingredients with a wooden spoon, adding flour until a bun.
3. Knead for a few minutes on a lightly floured board, cover with a clean cloth and let stand in warm place 30 minutes.
4. Cut the dough into 2 pieces, shaping rod and roll. Place it in a greased plate and let rise about 15 minutes. Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle with plenty of powdered sugar.
5. Bring to a preheated oven at 375°F for about 8 minutes, then lower to 350°F and leave about 15-20 minutes more or until toothpick comes out clean.
Alright, we finish to make Easter braid recipe, now its time to eat and delight.