- 4.5 lbs of sugar
- 1 lt of orange juice
- 2 lt of olive oil
- 1/2 lt of dry anise
- 4.5 oz of Aniseed
- 9 oz of pinions
- 3 lemons
- 13 lbs of flour
- 2 boxes of soda
- Ground cinnamon
- 6 beaten eggs
These Easter Cartagena rolls are just a rolls kneaded commonly in Cartagena bakeries, especially in these times of Easter and Christmas. In early December ovens houses and bakeries with these rolls are filled, making everything smell deliciously. At least it told me my friend Linda, who has traveled a lot for Europe.
See how to make easter Cartagena rolls:
1. Put oil in a large skillet and leave until it begins to smoke and set aside.
2. In a saucepan with 2 cups of water on the fire and when it begins to boil add the aniseed, let it boil for 10 minutes, turn away and cover.
3. In a large bowl add the flour, and sugar and move with your hands until well blended.
4. Then make a hole in center and add the oil, orange juice, dill and 1 cup of water Juice aniseed and a handful of aniseed, above all liquids will open the envelopes and incorporating soft, and grated lemons and pine nuts.
5. Begin to knead with your hands until we integrate all ingredients and form a ball of dough.
6. Cover with a cloth and let stand for about 6 hours, and bake. Do not be surprised if after this time see the oily mass is normal.
7. Prepare a mixture of cinnamon sugar and 1 lb of raw peeled almonds, and 6 eggs beaten with a pastry brush, spread the egg rolls.
8. Place the rolls, screw, smeared egg, sprinkle with mixture of sugar and cinnamon and decorate each stabbing over 2 or 3 almonds
9. The oven should be about 400°F and should not be too brown, but rather light.
Alright, we finish to make easter Cartagena rolls recipe, now its time to eat and delight.