- 16 oz of flour
- 1 oz of yeast
- 6 tsp of warm milk
- 3.5 oz of granulated sugar
- Pinch table salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp of orange blossom water
- 1 tsp of grated lemon peel
- 3.5 oz of butter
- 3.5 oz of candied orange peel
- ¼ l of basic pastry cream
- 2 doll surprise
- 1.5 oz of Grana sugar
- 1 beaten egg
It is common to many places enjoy a Easter King Cake, very similar to the King Cake but with the difference that carries an egg embedded in its mass. It is also a good option to leave the typical chocolate that many adults try to avoid for various reasons (luckily I have none of those reasons)
See how to make Easter King Cake:
1. Put the yeast in a bowl, add the warm milk and yeast roll with the help of a wooden spoon.
2. Add salt, egg, lemon zest, 2 tsp of flour and beat well, add a little more flour, orange blossom water, a little of butter and one egg, sugar and thus be interspersed ingredients (except orange peels and sugar in large grains), until a dough that pulls away easily from the container is form.
3. Make a roll and let rise in a place protected from draft to double its volume. Flatten the dough with the palm of your hand to remove a bit of air and divided into two parts.
4. Crush shaping thread with a gap of at least 35⁄32in in diameter, place the dolls, an egg raw whole shell and leave the Savarin mold.
5. Paint the thread with a beaten egg and put over candied orange peels, decorate with pastry cream commissioning sleeve smooth nozzle. Sprinkle with sugar beans and bake for about 45 minutes.
Alright, we finish to make braided Easter King Cake recipe, now its time to eat and delight.