- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag of Thai spices
- Oil for frying
- Rice to accompany (optional)
I like to prepare breaded crispy meat, especially chicken and turkey meat are usually drier, I think it also gives them a funny point. Batter with kikos, cereals, etc. gives a special touch to a simple dish. So, when I’ve had in my hands the new assortment of Mister Corn “Flavors of Thailand”, flavored with Satay Sauce and Nasi has inspired me and I have prepared this recipe!
First of all, I want to explain some details in case someone is reading me happens like me and do not know what they are and what these flavors … The Nasi Goreng is a rice dish typical of Indonesian and Thai cuisine, is a version of fried rice. It is often accompanied by additional foods (such as fried egg, fried chicken, satay, or keropok). And Satay usually inserted pieces of meat on skewers and grilled over coals and accompanied by a sauce made from peanut butter and soy sauce.
Thus, it seemed interesting to prepare the chicken (which, as we have seen, often accompanies Nasi) and, why not, insert it or prick it on a skewer stick as is usually the Satay.
See how to make extra crispy fried chicken with Thai spices:
1. Remove the skin and cut the chicken into pieces (I used drumsticks because they are juicier than, say, the brisket, but you can use the part you prefer).
2. Make balls (mounds) not very large. I did not come out because the batter has enough flavor.
3. Beat the eggs and batter balls.
4. Crush in a mortar assortment the Thai spices leaving the desired size.
5. Batter chicken.
6. Fry in hot oil.
7. Stick a skewer stick each ball chicken or insert (in this case, it will be easier to do before frying).
8. Place on paper towels so the excess oil is absorbed.
9. Serve with rice (if desired).
Alright, we finish to make the extra crispy fried chicken with Thai spices, now its time to eat and delight.