- Ingredients for the cake:
Another day of American independence is coming and like every year we celebrate in a big way and although i can’t teach you how to make fireworks, we can celebrate with a delicious cake with USA flag in tribute to our fantastic country. As a tip I recommend you make this cake with your children to teach them the values that our ancestors have achieved the July 4th in 1776 with the freedom of our country
See how to make fourth of July cake for independence day:
- For Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a metal rectangular mold 9 × 13 inches.
2. Beat for two minutes, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, margarine, milk and vanilla.
3. In another bowl whisk the egg whites to soft peaks until peaks form and join with the mixture.
4. Bake 30 to 45 minutes.
- For Meringue:
1. In a saucepan bring to a boil over medium heat, sugar, water, corn syrup and salt. It will be ready when inserting a spoon and remove forms a thread solid sugar.
2. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks, slowly add the syrup, vanilla and continue beating until the meringue is consistent. For more solidity add powdered sugar. Varnish on the cake.
- Decorating the cake:
1. In the upper left forms a rectangle with a pound of blueberries (approximately).
2. Place a pound of strawberries in half games in horizontal lines, starting with the ends.
Note: For a special effect, place about 2 sparklers the end of the cake and turn during the fireworks.