- 2.5 lbs of mussels
- 3 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of water
- Chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
As good ancient culture, the Greeks also know how to make their own soups and this mussel soup is one of the recipes that my friend Agata taught me to perform as is his mother.
See how to make Greek mussel soup:
1. In a saucepan put the cleaned mussels, wine glass, water glass and take to fire. Let cook until the mussels are completely open. We removed the shells and tagged cooking juices.
2. Chop the onions into rings (or media if they are very large) and fry on a pan with 2 tsp of oil and crushed garlic cloves.
3. When the onion begins to change color add the potatoes cut into small cubes. Braise and let cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Then add the peeled tomatoes and cut into small pieces, sauté for 5 minutes and incorporate the cooking juices from the mussels to the pan. If you see that the vegetables are very bare, cover with water. Let cook for 10 minutes.
5. Finally, add the mussels you had reserved, a little chopped parsley and add salt. Let cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Alright, we finish to make Greek mussel soup Recipe, now its time to eat and delight.