- 4.5 oz of softened butter
- 4.5 oz of caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 oz of flour
- 4 tsp of cocoa powder
- Cocoa and hazelnut cream
- 1 packet of oreo cookies
- Chocolate beads for eyes
- Yellow and orange drops for peaks
I had a great time preparing this recipe of oreo owls for Halloween you could also ask your children for help and have a wonderful time cooking together. You can make the cocoa and hazelnuts cream or just purchase it to save you work.
See how to make oreo owls:
1. Mix the softened butter with the sugar in a bowl until you get a creamy dough. Add eggs gradually beating after adding each one.
2. Sift the flour and the cocoa to add texture, add to the previous dough with outflanking movements. Distribute the dough in 12 capsules for cupcakes and bake them for 25 minutes at 180º.
3. Meanwhile, break Oreo cookies in half trying to leave the cream in a half. Break also in half the unfilled cookies halves.
4. Once the cupcakes are baked, remove from oven and let cool. Smeared each surface with the cocoa and hazelnut cream until the rest of the ingredients are stick.
5. Put two halves with cream for eyes and over each half put a chocolate bead. With candy from the peak and finally make the eyebrows with the quarters of cookie.
Alright, we finish to make oreo owls, now its time to eat and delight.