- For the cake
- A base of puff pastry
- 250 ml of pastry cream
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp of honey
- Crunchy slivered almonds
- To make the pastry cream
- 250 ml of milk at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tsp of sugar
- 0.7 oz of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
One of the cakes we like at home is the classic apple pie with custard filling and crispy puff pastry base. On this occasion, I have prepared this heart apple pie for Valentines, so you can see how simple it is, if you want to encourage you and surprise your partner with this detail so sweet.
The cake is very easy to prepare so if you like, you can repeat it more than once, as between lovers, every day should be Valentine, at least if we celebrate with desserts as delicious as this.
See how to make heart apple pie for Valentines:
1. Start preparing the custard, a snap to do using the microwave. Mix all ingredients in a glass bowl. Beat with a hand mixer for 1 minute and put the bowl in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Take the cream, stir and return to give another session of 2 minutes.
2. Put the oven to preheat to 374°F. Place the pastry base into the mold and prick a little with a fork so that the base does not rise and stay thin. Cover the base with the custard and apple peel.
3. Cut the apple into thin slices. Draw the shape of a heart with apples, placing them on the pastry cream, trying to stay focused on base.
4. Varnish the apples with a brush dipped in honey and put in the oven where it will cook for about 20 minutes, until pastry is golden. Put slivered almonds to mark surrounding the heart and fill the rest of the surface of the cake with crunchy almond.
Alright, we finish to make heart apple pie for Valentines, now its time to eat and delight.