- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 8oz of cooked chicken (or cooked turkey) chopped
- 2 eggs (more if desired)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- Light soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Oil for frying as needed
The chicken fried rice recipe is from a cookbook that came with a magazine at least 5 years. I gave it to my Aunt Jane or, as we know family, as Meme. The truth is that I’ve used lot. One of my favorite recipes from this book is another of the chocolate brownies with black seeds and white chocolate.
This dish makes a nod to oriental cuisine and reminds us a little the fried rice of Chinese restaurants, especially to incorporate the egg and vegetable mixture. It is quick and easy to prepare.
See how to make chicken fried rice:
1. Beat eggs slightly, add a pinch of salt (Add a bit of oyster sauce if desired).
2. Cut the chicken and diced green onion and onion.
3. Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, pour half of the egg mixture into the wok and cook over medium heat, stirring once more. Cook the other half of the same. Cut the egg into thin strips, and reserve for later.
4. Stir fry the onion over high heat for a few moments, and reserving it away. Do the same for the green peas.
5. Add the oil, lower the heat to medium and fry the rice. Add soy sauce, salt, pepper and oyster sauce. Add the chicken, onion and green peas and mix well.
6. Serve chicken fried rice with the strips of egg on top and the green onion as garnish (If you prefer, you can mix the green onion and egg with other ingredients).
Alright, we finish to make chicken fried rice, now its time to eat and delight.