- 12 oz of sugar
- 8.5 oz of brown sugar
- 8.5 oz of butter
- An egg
- 1 tsp of speculoos spice
- ½ bag of baking powder
- To decorate:
- Mini red chocolate dragees
- A small pastry chocolate or 0.5 oz of chocolate
Christmas is coming and we start preparing gifts, decorations, menus and sweets for this fest. In this recipe we are going to show how to do easy and delicious reindeers cookies to make with kids. They have an easy decoration and we are going to use already made speculoos which are crispy and delicious taste.
See how to make reindeers cookies with kids:
1. Put the softened butter in the mixer bowl and add the sugar, spices and egg, mix well and add the flour mixed with the baking powder, continue mixing until it gets a smooth dough. Wrap in plastic and store in the refrigerator at least 12 hours.
2. Take the dough off the fridge wait a few minutes until it softened and extend the roll in a flat surface. Cut biscuits with a cookie cutter and place them in a baking sheet. Put the tray in the refrigerator for at least half an hour. Preheat the oven to 356°F and bake for about 12/15 minutes until they are well browned.
3. Let cool and decorate the cookies. If you use regular chocolate melt it in the microwave and pour it in a pastry bag, put a drop of chocolate in the center of a cookie and glue a dragee, draw two points near the nose and with these draw the horns. Let the chocolate harden.
Alright, we finish to make reindeers cookies with kids for Christmas, now its time to eat and delight. Click here if you want see more christmas cookie recipes.