- 3 lb to 3.5 lb of leg pork
- 1 tsp of salt
- For the marinade:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 4 tsp of olive oil
- 250 ml of dry white wine
- 150 ml of vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 spring fresh thyme
- For the juice:
- 1 tsp of flour
- 250 ml of beef broth
Some time ago I teached how to marinate pork ribs, and obviously not performed in the same way as for the other parts of the pork, as the pork leg that I marinate today in this recipe.
See how to marinate pork leg:
1. Clean the meat with a damp cloth and rub with salt.
2. Prepare the marinade. Peel and halve the garlic, scrape carrots and cut into wheels, peel and chop the onion.
3. Heat the oil gently and sauté the vegetables for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add the wine and vinegar in a deep bowl, if glass better. Add the sautéed vegetables, olive oil, bay leaves and thyme. Add pepper.
5. When the marinade is cold, put the pork in and moist all surfaces a few times.
6. Cover and leave for 4 days in the refrigerator, moving it at least twice a day.
7. When it is ready to roast, remove the meat and drain it carefully. Dry it with brown pepper. Set aside 4 tbs of marinade for juice.
8. Calculate cooking 45 minutes per 17 oz.
9. Put the meat on a grill, position under the roasting pan and let it 30 minutes at room temperature. Heat oven to 356ºF.
10. Roast pork in the center of the oven the calculated time.
11. Check if it is done inserting a needle or until juice is colorless. Put it on a pan and keep warm.
12. Take the melted fat, add flour and stir over low heat until it gets slightly brown.
13. Remove from heat and add the flour stirring constantly. Let it boil. Cook 5 more minutes at least, check before serving.
Alright, we finish to marinate pork leg, now its time to eat and delight.