- 12 oz of flour
- 1 sachet of baker's yeast
- 280 ml of warm milk
- 2 oz of melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz of white sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 beaten egg with 1 tsp of water
- 6 eggs
- Food coloring
- white vinegar
- Decorative sprinkles
Easter is just around the corner, so in those afternoons we should prepare ourselves to this Italian Easter bread and children help us to dye eggs sunny colors that adorn it. This recipe halfway between bread and brioche is not overly sweet, so if you are very sweet tooth I can be a bit bland. The solution would be topping it with a little sugar over the surface just before baking.
Like any mass you need to weigh takes time and patience, so if you prepare for the night and want breakfast the next day can leave the dough so that the first I weighed do it in the fridge slowly and in the morning get up early for the second levado is made and freshly made them well.
See how to make Italian Easter bread:
1. Start melting the butter and letting tuning. In a large bowl mix the warm milk not exceeding 100°F, the envelope of yeast, melted butter, the 2 beaten eggs, pinch of salt and sugar. Stir with a whisk until you see all integrated and add half the flour. Let kneading with a spoon or in a food processor with the hook attachment and gradually adding the remaining flour to form a soft dough but it is not sticking to hands.
2. On a floured surface knead the dough until smooth and elastic dough is form. Place it in a large bowl, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for 2 hours or until you see that doubled in size.
3. While you dyeing eggs, to do the wash well and dry them. Prepare a narrow vessels or containers which fit as many as colors you want to do, and add a tsp of food coloring and a tsp of white vinegar, stir and introduce the egg dyed leaving for 20 minutes. Took them out of the dye and carefully dry them with paper towels leaving until we go to bake our breads.
4. Once you have weighed divide the dough into 2 parts and these in turn into 2 portions. With each portion do a loop that you will screw with another. Put them on a cookie sheet with parchment paper and let rise again for another hour. Preheat oven to 350°F and place them dyed eggs, varnished with beaten egg mixed with water and sprinkle them some ornaments confectionery. Bake 20 minutes.
Alright, we finish to make Italian Easter bread recipe, now its time to eat and delight.