- For the cake
- 7 oz of cake flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 6 oz of sugar
- 3 oz of olive oil
- 40 ml of lemon juice
- 3.5 oz of fresh cheese or yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of edible lavender
- For the icing
- 5 oz of strawberries
- A few drops of lemon juice
- sugar or stevia to taste
- 1-2 tsp of water
- 1 tsp of strawberry jam (optional)
One of the ideas that I love the most for Valentine’s Day is to prepare a romantic breakfast or snack to share, and even do for the family or for friends. Chocolate is always the main protagonist, but this recipe for lemon and lavender cake with strawberry icing light strikes me so it is also ideal for Valentine’s Day.
See how to make lemon and lavender cake for Valentines:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a heart-shaped mold. Sift the flour into a bowl with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix with a whisk the sugar in another bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice and fresh cheese. Add the eggs and beat slightly.
2. Add the flour and lavender. Mix well until you get a smooth, lump-free mass. Fill the mold, matching the surface and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until you try the center with a toothpick and it comes out clean. Unmold and cool on a wire rack.
3. For the glaze, wash and chop the strawberries. Place them in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients and cook a few minutes until they are very soft. Mash with a grinder or blender and adjust the sweetness to taste. Paint the cake when it is not still cold to better absorb the flavor.
Alright, we finish to make lemon and lavender cake for Valentines, now its time to eat and delight.