- For the mini donuts
- 3.5 oz of sugar
- 3.8 oz of cake flour
- 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla
- 120 ml of milk
- 1 large egg
- 0.7 oz of melted butter.
- For the icing
- 30 ml of honey
- 2.3 oz of powdered sugar
- Decorations to taste
I do not know why the mini versions of anything usually cause sensation, especially in baking. Viewed objectively, are just small goods, but I can not help but see them as cute. On the other hand, are very practical for parties or gatherings of friends, and also allow us to “sin” a little less when eat them. In any case, I think these mini donuts of cardamom are ideal for Valentine.
Actually the mass is not the same sweet we all know as donut. This is a fast, lightweight and fairly liquid consistency perfect for use in molds donut recipe. I used a donut maker machine, but with suitable molds can be made baked smoothly. They are very tender and aromatic, but the twist is what gives the decor, which can be as sweet and recharged as we want.
See how to make mini donuts of cardamom for Valentines:
1. Preheat oven to 390°F and prepare a tray of mini donuts molds, donut maker or prepare the machine if you have. In a medium bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder, salt and cardamom. Grate the orange peel and rub with sugar to acquire its aroma. Add the egg, milk, vanilla and butter, beating lightly with a whisk.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix gently until you get a homogeneous mass. Fill a pastry bag or a freezer bag with the dough. Cut the tip and pour the dough in the molds without filling them completely.
3. Bake at half height for about 5 minutes, until they have browned. Cool on a wire rack. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl, add honey and milk. Glaze the mini donuts and garnish with decorations to taste.
Alright, we finish to make mini donuts of cardamom for Valentines, now its time to eat and delight.