- For cookie base:
- 8 oz of butter at room temperature
- 3.5 oz of sugar
- 8 oz of wheat flour
- A pinch of salt
- For coverage:
- 3 eggs "M"
- 7 oz of sugar
- 3.5 oz wheat flour
- 120 ml orange juice
- Zest of two oranges
- To decorate and aromatize:
- Fresh basil
- Powdered sugar
Whenever I saw the lemon snaks in a recipe book I mentally made notes to make them, but the moment never came. Or should I say that the time has taken to reach them and that it has arrived in a slightly different way. Once I decided to make them what has ended coming out of my kitchen are snacks, yes, but maded with orange and basil.
Now that we are in the orange season, I thought it might be a good way to use them in some sweet and these orange and basil snacks seemed like a good option. They are very soft in texture and flavor and the touch of fresh basil is not even painted, although you can do without it if you prefer.
See how to make these snacks of orange and basil:
1. Begin by coating the mold with sulphurized paper and preheating the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC. In a deep bowl beat the butter with the sugar, add the sifted flour the pinch of salt and stir until obtaining a homogeneous mass. We spread it on the base of the mold evenly and bake 15 minutes. We remove and let it cool.
2. Meanwhile we prepare the coverage. To do this we beat the eggs with the sugar, add the sifted flour and mix. Stir in the orange juice and the zest and remove again. Pour the mixture onto the base cookie base and put back into the oven at 350ºF / 180ºC for about 20 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting in portions and sprinkle with generously icing sugar. Before serving, we flavor the bocaditos with chopped fresh basil to give them an exotic and different touch.
Tasting snacks of orange and basil
Perfect to accompany that coffee or infusion tabletop, these orange and basil snacks are somewhat sinful. They are very dangerous because they eat without feeling, they are small snacks and you think that there is no problem in eating another, another and another. But you have to control yourself if you do not want to pass the limit.